AAPC - Back to school
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chapter Meetings

Locust Grove

AAPC: Back to School
    Could you send me a copy....msware@bellsouth.net...I am the New Business Development Officer for a new chapter in Locust Grove, GA...Thanking you in advance

El Paso

Quote Originally Posted by TerryFletcherCPC View Post
    These are all excellent suggestions! It makes me very happy to see local chapters sharing ideas all over the country. Also, a big welcome to Freda Brinson who was elected into the AAPCCA (Local Chapters Board of Directors) this past week and will join us at the end of the National Conference in April.

We are happy to have you aboard!
    Congrats Freda!
    I'll see you in Las Vegas also.
    Susan M. Garrett, CPC, COC
    Past President El Paso Texas Chapter AAPC
    Past Member AAPCCA Board of Directors
    cell 915-204-8333

York, Pa

Quote Originally Posted by fredabrinson View Post
    I started a newsletter for our chapter last January. I email it to all chapter members who have email addresses. As President last year, I started each newsletter with "A note from the President", but I also encouraged all officers to submit articles. I ALWAYS list all members who passed the certification exam! There is a section devoted to upcoming seminars, workshops, etc. I list any known job openings or jobs wanted. There is a section on the next chapter meeting with info on the speaker, topic, anything you might need to bring with you, date, time, location. Depending on space, I may give an unusual medical term with the definition. I've tried to start a community section, to list anything coming up in the community that others may be interested in, such as support groups. This year I added a coding section. I listed 5 diangoses and will print the correct ICD-9 codes in the February issue, along with a new coding challenge. I also added a "positive thought for the month" to the newsletter. As President, I ended each meeting with a positive moment. I don't want to miss an opportunity of sharing anything positive, so I added this to the newsletter for 2009!

I try to keep the newsletter under 3 pages, so what goes into each one depends on how much info I have received throughout the month. I would like to have a "coder spotlight" where an interview with a member can be shared. I think that would be very interesting.

I do know that members who cannot or do not attend chapter meetings will read the newsletter! I received positive comments all throughout last year! A newsletter is a great way to keep members informed, and you never know when a member will attend a meeting for the first time, based on what they read in the newsletter!

I'm happy to share our newsletter with you. If you are still interested, feel free to email me at brinsonfr@sjchs.org

Good Luck!
    Sounds like a wonderful newsletter full of info... just wish my chapter had things of this nature. We do have monthly meetings but it's hard to attend and they are always in the morning on Tuesdays. I wish they would make differant days and times, some of us cannot get off during work time on a regular basis. I had asked my local chapter about the New Member Development officer position but they were not interested.
    Roxanne Thames CPC, CPC-I, CEMC

"Remember the greatest gift is not found in the store but in the heart of true friends"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12