Wellness exams

1. Default Wellness exams
    Medical Coding Books
    I need information on the United Healthcare Medicare exams. I was told and so was a patient, that UHC allows 2 exams per year that are free to the patient. One is the wellness exam billed with the appropriate G code, and one is a comphrensive physical. How do you bill the comprehensive physical? All UHC will say is that they follow Medicare guidelines. If you bill with standard E&M codes they will have a copay, and Medicare doesn't recognize the 99397 code. Any ideas or experience with this situation?

We bill the appropriate code usually a 99214 or 99215 with a 25 modifier then the G0439 Subsequent physical code for Medicare and have been getting paid.
    Kellie Terry, CPC
    Office Manager
    North Alabama Internal Medicine, PC

Talking
    I have billed UHC Medicare with 99397 and they have paid. I do not know about the two physicals a year, that is the first I've heard of that.
    Kimberly Jawidzik, CPC
    MedAssure, LLC
    Physician Billing & Consulting
    www.MedAssureLLC.com
    KimJ@MedAssureLLC.com

Similar Threads

1. Two wellness exams?
    By Radcoder86 in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-20-2015, 11:23 AM
  2. Incident to Wellness exams
    By ksanthony in forum Billing/Reimbursement