Signature Guidelines for Scribes in an EHR

1. Unhappy Signature Guidelines for Scribes in an EHR
    Medical Coding Books
    Can ANYONE dirext me to anything on this subject in CMS? I have looked at the signature guidelines etc. I know that apparently they have left this up to individual MAC discretion. I completed a review on a provider and in the Electronic health record the person that 'entered: the note was listed as a "physician scribe" on the account. NO where in the note is there a signature or any reference that a scribe was used? Is this OK?
    I say no based on a finding that i had from this particular MAC BUT I am being asked for CMS actual guidelines....AHIMA and the Joint Commission have a lot out there...can anyone help me PLEASE?

Default Signatures
    Here is the URL for CMS guidelines which will have the information regarding signatures. http://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-G...s/pim83c03.pdf
    Hope this helps.

Similar Threads

1. Can scribes document Physical Exams
    By Mindy Davis in forum Emergency Department
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-22-2015, 10:57 AM
  2. Scribes and EMR? Good or Bad? Ok or Not?
    By dcrossman in forum EMR/EHR Systems
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-11-2015, 04:39 PM
  3. Scribes in Office
    By klauf in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-05-2014, 12:48 PM
  4. Use of PA's as scribes for physician
    By bbarnard in forum E/M
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-04-2014, 08:33 AM
  5. EMRs and Scribes