We had a patient come in to our ER with lower leg pain. X-ray was negative, but D-dimer was elevated, so Ultrasound was ordered. Ultrasound was also negative. The only code I could come up with for the elevated D-dimer was 79099, Other Nonspecific Finding of Blood. Our claim scrubber doesn't like that, so I'm in search of another code for elevated D-dimer.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join