Chapter 16 information listed at the start of the chapter in my book states:
"Code 780.6X (fever) includes 780.61, fever in conditions classified elsewhere, with a note stating to code the underlying condition. The note includes conditions such as leukemia and sickle-cell disease. Fever is not an integral part of either of these conditions; therefore it is reported as an additional diagnosis when present. There are specific codes for fever in certain situations: 780.62 postoperative; 780.63 postvaccination."
I have been using 780.60 when coding fever with 462, 034.0 as necessary.
Hope this helps
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join