Wonder who the Medicare contractor had answering the phone right then. Hmmmm.....
Well, our Medicare contractors, or MAC's, are not the one's heading the e-prescribing project, CMS is. Here is the website address for all of the necessary information on e-prescribing: http://www.cms.hhs.gov/eprescribing/
The reportable codes for e-prescribing do go in the claim lines as if they were procedure codes. Yes, they go on the claim line with a zero amount. Check with your clearinghouse first to be sure they can transmit a claim line service with a zero amount.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join