You can only bill postoperatively for that fracture care. Should the patient be seen for something else during that postoperative visit, then you may bill a separate E/M with modifier 24 for the problem being seen for, i.e., patient has a fractured right ankle, comes in with a new complaint of left knee pain during that postoperative visit, doc may bill a separate E/M-24 for that knee pain.
I don't know if this helps or not.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join