Insurance companies using new 59 modifiers starting Jan 2015

1. Default Insurance companies using new 59 modifiers starting Jan 2015
    Medical Coding Books
    I am starting to query our insurance providers as to who will use the 4 new modifiers and who will not. I think if we can centralize this and post, it will save many people the grief once January gets here. If you receive a newsletter or update stating an insurance will use them, please post this info.

I received an email from Blue Cross of Nebraska that they WILL be using these.

Exclamation Carriers using new X(EPSU) modifiers
    I have found that Anthem BCBS and BCBS FL will not be recognizing the new modifiers. We have been told to bill as usual with the -59 when appropriate. I'm still checking out some of our other major carriers.

United Healthcare says they ARE accepting these modifiers.

Just heard that Aetna and Humana are also accepting them.

5. Default X Modifiers
    Anthem will be accepting them eff 2/16/15. Until that date they can be submitted but will be considered informational.

6. Default
    Priority Health in Michigan will be accepting them.

Default Carriers using the new X modifiers
    I am in North Carolina and Cigna as well as GWH-Cigna are using the new modifiers.

8. Smile 25 and 59 modifiers
    I have been using these modifiers ever since the Mental Health and Addiction Parity Act went into effect last year with all payers. I get paid from all of them in MI and IN with no rejects due to modifiers. Psychiatrists can not bill any other way unless they want to be paid like a master's degree therapist or doctoral level nonphysician. As Hedy Lamarr told the government agent who delivered her medal to her in a nursing home instead of a check-- "It's about time."