We had a patient that had a AVR done. Pt was taken off bypass and chest was closed and sternum wired.. Then because of the chest tube output that was present the doctor determined that he needed to re-explore the chest.
Patient was re-steriley prepped and drapped. The skin incision was re-opened and wires pulled and removed. After exploration which the source of bleeding could not be found chest was re-closed and re-wired.
Since the patient never left the OR room 35820-78 is not appropriate?? I was leaning toward procedure 20680.
Any advise would be Greatly appreciated.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join