We had a patient that had a AVR done. Pt was taken off bypass and chest was closed and sternum wired.. Then because of the chest tube output that was present the doctor determined that he needed to re-explore the chest.
Patient was re-steriley prepped and drapped. The skin incision was re-opened and wires pulled and removed. After exploration which the source of bleeding could not be found chest was re-closed and re-wired.
Since the patient never left the OR room 35820-78 is not appropriate?? I was leaning toward procedure 20680.
Any advise would be Greatly appreciated.
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join