Technical 99211

1. Angry Technical 99211
    Medical Coding Books
    I have a situation that I do not agree with and was seeking some advice. Here is the example for billing:
    99213 pro charge
    99211 tech charge
    94760 tech charge (pulse ox)

We are a provider based billing hospital, and this above case was seen in an outpatient office. I was instructed to put a 25 modifier on the technical 99211 not the pro 99213 because the pulse ox is a tech code.

I don't agree with this because the way I was taught when I first got my cpc that that no modifiers go on the tech charges. This could have changed, and Im fine with that, but I need some sort of legimate documentation to support this change.

What do you think?

If the pulse ox is a status S or T procedure then yes the facility fee needs a 25 modifier

Debra A. Mitchell, MSPH, CPC-H

Similar Threads

1. Technical vs Professional
    By MCHANDLER in forum Diagnosis Coding
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-16-2015, 11:42 AM
  2. Technical only
    By srivijayavasu in forum Pathology & Clinical Laboratory
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2012, 11:03 AM
  3. Technical vs. Professional
    By Tracey Thompson in forum Billing/Reimbursement