AAPC - Back to school
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: ER Coding - I am new to ER coding

Default ER Coding - I am new to ER coding

AAPC: Back to School
    I am new to ER coding. Can anyone recommend a really good class to attend to learn how to code for ER and especially E&M coding.
    Last edited by ank3t; 10-07-2016 at 05:06 AM.

San Antonio

When I first got started in ER, I went to a Conference offered by ACEP. American College of Emergency Physicians. It was great. Their website has very useful information pertaining to Emergency services for both outpatient and facility. Hope this helps....

Maria Maldonado, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-ED
    Coding Junkie

Santa Rosa

Wink Me Too

I am going to start doing ER coding around April and was wondering the same thing. Could you share any info you may receive and maybe we could help each other out and network.

I currently do ER coding in a small hospital. I would love to have a group that I could network with. Count Me in.

I am an experienced ER coder. I coded ER’s for four different hospitals in New Hampshire and I know a great deal about the charges from IV and on. I would like to get involed with a networking group for ED’s
    Count me in
    Robin Ingalls-Fitzgerald CCS, CPC, FCS, CEMC

Hartford, CT

me also, i am hoping to make the switch over to inpatient coding, but e.d. is always good for me to have a great knowledge base in, i am hoping to teach in future and maybe own my own company.
    Pat A. Trautner, CCS/CPC/CEDC/CHONC

I am a coder for an er and i also work as RN in the er. Count me in if a group gets together!

Default Count me in

I would also like to be counted in for the ER coding group

Lisa Miller RMA, EMT-B, MLT(ASCP), CPC

Hannibal Missouri Chapter

Please include me in your group. I am a beginner in the world of ED Coding and would like any and all knowledge that you can share.
    Brenda Emrick, CPC-H

Default Acep

ACEP is a good start. They actually have a coding seminar in early June in San Diego. They do that twice a year in pretty nice spots if you can get your managment to pay. Also some of the state chapters do coding seminars.
    ED Coding Alert is a pretty good publication. Very good on procedures. They are always having introductory offers.
    AAPC now has a separate ED certification. I ordered the practicum. And it is pretty good. Most is written by Dr Gravonsky who is a an ED Coding Guru
    Speaking of ED Gurus. If you see a seminar with Caral Edelberg; Todd Thomas; Jim Blakeman; John Stimler DO or Dr.Gravonsky. All are very knowledgeable and present well. One warning, all have slightly different takes on ED coding. But that makes it fun.
    I didn't include myself since I'm a GIT (Guru in Training).
    But I would be happy to join as well.

Jim( not Blakeman)

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast