Problem focused: Limited to affected (one) BA or OS identified in the chief complaint.
Expanded problem focused: Limited area of affected BA or OS + 2-7 BAs or OSs.
Detailed: Extended exam of affected BA or OS + 2-7 BAs or OSs.
Comprehensive: It encompasses a complete single speciality exam or complete multi-system exam.
The difference between expanded problem focused exam is limited and is focused on the BA/OS of the chief complaint and other directly related BA/OSs, whereas the detailed exam is extended and covers not only the BA/OS of the chief complaint, but other BA/OSs not related to chief complaint.
You can't count the same information twice as a BA and OS. It either goes under the BA or OS.
I just finished my class to become a certified coder and got this information from the 2008 workbook.
Upstate New York
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join