If you have identified a billing error that has caused an overpayment, especially recurring, your should DEFINITELY talk to your administrator and complaince officer/attorney about informing Medicare. If the overpayment is substantial and you can calculate the amount of overpayment then you can send a refund check to Medicare with the Voluntary Refund Form with an attachment identifying each patient/HIC/DOS/ICN/amount of line item refund. If you are unable to calculate the overpayment amount then you should contact your Medicare carrier and report the issue and ask for guidance.
I googled Alaska Medicare Part B and I came up with Noridan. If this is your correct carrier below is their contact information. In addition, I have added the link to their Voluntary Refund Form.
Provider Contact Center
Available Monday – Friday,
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. in Respective Time Zone (800) 933-0614
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join