I work in oral & maxillofacial surgery and 00170 is the code used for the anesthesia the oral surgeon does. For extractions, the code is 41899, unfortunately. Most medical insurances will not consider this code & usually ask us to put the dental extraction code equivalent on the cms-1500 forms. If we do that, we generally are paid for the more complex extractions. Those dental codes can be located in your HCPCS between D7140 and D7241.
Hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join