What code would I use for insertion of suprapubic catheter through stoma. Documentation states; suprapubic catheter replaced, balloon inflated, 15cc's NS flushed until clear.
CPT 51705, per the CDR, states that a guidewire is used and the catheter is sutured to the skin. The documentation on the ER report I have does not state anything regarding a guidewire or suturing to the skin so I'm not sure 51705 would be the appropriate code. I am leaning more toward 51702, but I am not sure.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join