Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I've bought Practicode-- now what?

Angry
    Medical Coding Books
    Very discouraged...practicode .... is a teaching tool. Where in the world are the instructions and teaching ???? Basics would be better than nothing what did I pay for? ??? Please point me in the direction as to what the link section is and explanation or example. Totally disappointed waisting time.

Not everybody has tons of money to spend on everything AAPC tells you should be doing or purchasing. Right now, the hubby isn't working so I'm not buying something that's not proven to help me remove my "A."

Default Does practicode come in ICD-9 or ICD-10
    Got my CPC-A this summer and wondering if the Practicode cases are in ICD-9 or 10. I went to school for the last 2 years and learned on 10. I would hate if I got practicode now and it was in ICD-9. They do have a good deal if you renew your AAPC membership you get practicode for free
    CPC-A, MA, BA

4. Default Help understanding how to do Practicode
    I am starting the Practicode after passing my certification test in July. What I don't understand is the "links" in the codes. What are these? As far as I can tell, there is no explanation of these, and how they should be chosen. Maybe I'm being stupid, but I need help on this. Can anyone tell me? Thanks!

5. Default Practicode
    Quote Originally Posted by KathleenHays View Post
    I am starting the Practicode after passing my certification test in July. What I don't understand is the "links" in the codes. What are these? As far as I can tell, there is no explanation of these, and how they should be chosen. Maybe I'm being stupid, but I need help on this. Can anyone tell me? Thanks!
    Kathleen, did you get a answer to your post? I was doing research before purchasing practicode via AAPC. I was interested in purchasing practicode because in the description it mentioned that a year would be removed.

6. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by KathleenHays View Post
    My understanding is that it indicates which diagnosis code you're associating the procedure code with - that is, which diagnosis supports the procedure. For instance, if you take a patient with shoulder pain and a cough, you'd have two separate diagnoses, 1) pain in shoulder, and 2) cough.

If you did a shoulder x-ray, that would only link to 1, because the cough has nothing to do with the shoulder, so saying the patient has a cough doesn't provide a medical necessity for doing a shoulder x-ray. If you had an E&M service where both problems were addressed, you'd link that E&M service to 1,2 because both conditions support the service.

My best guess, anyway. Practicode is a bit opaque.

7. Default
    How long is it taking everyone to do the practicode?

8. Default Help?!
    I have recently just purchased practicode, but for some reason it is not allowing me to login. I was not given any instructions other than the receipt, any idea of what to do next???

9. Default Did you get an answer to your question?
    Quote Originally Posted by katiw1008@gmail.com View Post
    I have recently just purchased practicode, but for some reason it is not allowing me to login. I was not given any instructions other than the receipt, any idea of what to do next???
    Hi, I cannot log in to Practicode using Firefox. Practicode is not secure and Firefox blocks my login. I have to use Chrome browser. The problem with using Chrome is that the SilverLight plug-in doesn't work with Chrome. The SilverLight plug-in allows the E/M module to work in Practicode. The E/M assistant appears in Practicode and assists in calculating the E/M levels. Explorer may solve your problem, though I don't use Explorer for personal reasons about my trust in its security.

Hopefully, you received the link to the Practicode webinar, which is very helpful in learning how to navigate once you've logged on.

http://aapcstream.s3.amazonaws.com/P...ing_Cases.html

Best of luck!

Renee

10. Default Very disappointed
    I strongly agree with everything you have stated (ie.. buyers remorse, feeling stranded, etc)
    They DO NOT offer support IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM, and am suffering the same "out of $299". The structure is set up very confusing and when you do ask for help - (which I still have never received a response; although they claim they did) IT IS NOT HELPFUL - and was never found in any of my emails. SO.... I call BS! Whoever is in charge of "helping" isn't even an actual coder for heavens sake! What is the point of that???
    I have called and complained several times and spoken to several people apparently in charge and they all say once you "access - I.e. look at 1 case" you are not allowed a refund.
    Obviously we are all new coders and will need some kind of guidance at some point or another. I have also done what I was told in the same conversation that I needed to write a letter the to head of AAPC. (Which I did - IN THE BEGINNING OF JUNE) I have yet to get a response - let alone a refund. LOL (glad I am not holding my breath!)

Bottom line:
    I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH THAT YOU WILL MOST LIKELY HAVE THE SAME ISSUES AND WILL EXTREMELY REGRET PAYING FOR PRACTICODE. I suggest you keep your $299 and/ or put it to better use. I.E. CodingCertification.org. I unfortunately, will just cut my losses and shell out another $299 (THanks , AAPC) I would much rather have help when needed (on my time, not when its convenient for them to respond by email by someone who does not even know how to code!) Plus, I have noticed more of a community when connecting with others in the same boat as me - hallelujah (Thank you sweet baby Jesus)
    On another note, you are able to focus on all areas - not 20 questions per area. Plus, you are able to print out your accuracy in each specialty. I plan on using this to get hired and eventually getting my "A" removed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast