Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I've bought Practicode-- now what?

1. Default I've bought Practicode-- now what?
    Medical Coding Books
    Recently, I bought Practicode directly through AAPC and now I feel stranded. As far as I can tell, there are no directions, no feedback, no information re how the grading system works (e.g., do I keep doing modules over and over until I get a high total score?), and other questions (when do I move on from module 1 to module 2, how long does it take to complete all of Practicode? Months?), etc. I wish I had bought it through codingcertification.org, because then I would have all sorts of resources from which to draw. I can still buy it from them, however I will need to spend another $299 and I simply don't have it.

To those of you pondering whether or not to buy it, I would strongly suggest you obtain it from codingcertification.org and not directly through AAPC.

Any input from Practicode users would be greatly appreciated.

2. Default Response for Practicode
    As far as my knowledge, after practicing practicode module, you have to give another test. Then they will remove your CPC-A title.
    Last edited by psshah; 11-16-2014 at 07:57 PM.

3. Default
    Sorry to hear that you are having problems with practicode. This is not the first time I have heard about problems with practicode. If I get practicode, I'm going through codingcertifcation.org. It might be worth saving up for it again.

Smile
    I purchased the Practicode course and have finished it.
    I would highly recommend this course, I really enjoyed it. I thought it was fun and very good practice.
    I can tell you what I did and I had no problem at all. Of course you do whatever works best for you, I found this was good for me.
    I started with Module #1 and worked all 200 questions in that module.
    After I finished the first module, I started working on Module #2 and did 20 or 30 questions and then went back and did Assessment #1.
    Then I continued working on Module #2, after I finished that 200, I started Module #3, again did 20 or 30 questions and then went back and did Assessment #2.
    After I finished all of Module #3 questions, I did Assessment #3 and that is it. There is no big test at the end.
    I don't think you can fail in this, it is just practice, but you will see that you will do pretty well on the Assessments and start to feel better about it as you go along.
    After I finished the course I sent a copy of the badge I got for finishing the course to Jane Baldwin. I will receive my new certificate in the mail.
    Don't get discouraged, just keep going and it will work out, and I'm sure you will do great!!

5. Default
    I bought if from codingcertification.org and it's the same thing. I regret spending the money on it. I which I would have done it though AAPC at least with them you work towards the removal of the apprentice designation. What I don't like the most is that Practicode does not have the updates in terms of CPT codes. They are still using 2013. I felt deceived when I could not use my books and in order to use Practicode I would have to make another investment to get old books. Make your research before you make an investment. That was my mistake. The program is not very user friendly. It comes with no instructions. You are supposed to figure it out. I am very disappointed and will try to get my money back.

Please call AAPC and talk to someone, they can explain to you how to work through the course. It is very easy to do.

I purchased practicode and so far I am very happy with it. I work on a few exercises every night after work. I already work at a DR office and this practice really helps to reinforce what I have already learned.

The only thing I wish they would have offered was more specialized training for practicode. I work for a urologist and I have a hard time with some of the things like Musculoskeletal and OB.

Also, I am not really a FAN of the feedback and they show the answers because I do not feel like they give a focused explanation on the question at hand. Only a general overview response. I think that this would give the program SO MUCH MORE to teach with.

If you are having a lot of problems though I would contact AAPC for help or look to your local chapter for a "tutor" to work with. That could be a great resource for feedback. You can go back to all the previous exercises later to go over with them on what you missed and get great guidance.

Good luck to us ALLL!!!

8. Default
    I forgot to add the following difference between AAPC's Practicode and CCO's: with AAPC, once you successfully complete PC's 600 coding questions, AAPC will give you the equivalent of one year's experience. So if you already have a year's experience and complete the Practicode, you will attain the status of CPC (and no longer CPC-A). This is not the case with CCO's-- you get much more help but completing it does not qualify you to the year's equivalent of experience, which to me, makes a huge difference!
    Last edited by mairimck; 11-22-2014 at 05:19 PM.

9. Default
    The feedback isn't very focused at all-- I found it to be little help.

Quote Originally Posted by mairimck View Post
    The feedback isn't very focused at all-- I found it to be little help.
    I am finding the feedback to be of very little help as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast