Dermatophytosis and Dermatomycosis

Default Dermatophytosis and Dermatomycosis
    Medical Coding Books
    Medicare is denying our visits for not medically necessary for 110.9 and 111.9.

It does not seem correct as these were office visits and the provider did prescribe treatment. Since I normally do not handle derm maybe the experts can help me ? Doesn't seem quite right.

I did try to see if I could find something on the CMS website but since these are only office visits, I could not locate anything.

Can anyone direct me to any references?

Thanks!

Happy Coding!

Kim

Both choice are unspecified codes , you should see if the documentation can give you a more specific choice, or can the provider be more specific.

Debra A. Mitchell, MSPH, CPC-H

Similar Threads

1. Dermatophytosis 110.0
    By espforu in forum Medicare Regulations
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2014, 12:19 PM

Posting Permissions