I have this ongoing question about the V70.0 code. If a patient comes in one day has there E/M physical, the doctor wants to order blood work for the physical, but the patient didnâ€™t have the blood work done on the same day as the physical. They come in 2-3days later either because they didnâ€™t fast before coming in for the PE or they didnâ€™t have time to wait around for the lab. Shouldnâ€™t the V70.0 code go on the blood work even though they arenâ€™t having the blood drawn on the same day as the PE?
I would say it shouldnâ€™t matter, because the thing Iâ€™m seeing is the patient is being billed for another co-pay because the doctor is coding the lab slip for problem DX's and not the V70.0.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join