From the information that you provided, it sounds to me as if two grafts were done, the mammary and the saphenous, correct?
My only confusion after reading the guidelines for 33533 which covers the mammary graft, and code 33510 for the saphenous graft ( this code is not one that you listed in your original post), is that the guidelines for 33510 state that code may only be used for a bypass procedure using venous grafts ONLY. 33510 may not be used when performing arterial and venous grafts during the same procedure. So this leaves the question, how to report the saphenous graft?
Code 33533 covers arterial and venous, however the guidelines make no mention of the saphenous. However, my guess is this set of codes covers it and your code should be changed to 33534 to cover 2 grafts, instead of 33533 which is a single.
Hopefully I did not confuse the situation even further.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join