I code for a radiology office. If you look up accident, then cerebrovascular there will be a list of codes for you depending on whether it is acute, old, impending, etc. If it is an acute CVA 434.91 would be the correct code. You mentioned 438 though, so that would be used for any late effects of a previous CVA. Has the patient been seen before for this diagnosis? If not, I would consider coding 434.91. Can you review the doctor's notes from the visit to get more information?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join