Hello! I have ran into this same situation.
With using the 37207 Open stent placement you would not code the 34812, for this is used if iliac, abdominal or thoracic aortic stent graft is placed.
You can also code 795960-26 for the angio done after the stent placment. There is also a catheter placement code you should code. ie 36245-36247.
You can code the 75710-26 if not done for guidance. This will need a mod 59 because of the 75960-26.
I would review and look at coding this 37207, 36245,75710-26-59, and 75960-26.
Depending on the dictation I have verify my coding with the physician.
Hopefully this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join