Please see below, hope this helps.
CPT Assistant, November 1999 Pages: 47-48 Category:
Immunization Administration for Vaccines/Toxoids
"If a significant separately identifiable Evaluation and Management service (eg, office or other outpatient services, preventive medicine services) is performed, the appropriate E/M service code should be reported in addition to the vaccine and toxoid administration codes.
The notes preceding codes 90471 and 90472 have been revised as well to clarify that preventive medicine services, and other office or outpatient evaluation and management services (including code 99211) performed at the same visit as the administration of the vaccine/toxoid, may be reported separately. For example the office or other outpatient evaluation and management code 99211 may be reported in addition to the administration (90471, 90472) and appropriate vaccine product code (90476-90749), when a nurse under the physician's supervison reviews the patient's chart, takes the child's blood pressure and temperature, provides vaccine information, instructions and consent forms to the parent and prepares the vaccine product prior to the administration of the vaccine."
CPT Assistant Â© Copyright 1990â€“2008 American Medical Association. All Rights Reserved
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join