I'm not sure what part of the country any of you are in, but I found a Medicare Provider Education article from our New England carrier (Internet-Only Manual, Pub. 100-03, NCD 100.1 See also Pub. 100-04, Chapter 32, section 150.) I'm sorry, but it won't let me attach it. It states that 43999 is the correct code to use for lap band adjustment. There is also an article in the letters to the editor section of the July Coding Edge that says the same.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join