I have a couple of providers that code strictly on time. I am not aware of anything restricting the number of visits you can bill based on time.
I do know it is driven by medical necessity and I have posted a question on E/M university regarding how to determine medical necessity when the visit is time based.
The scenario I run into is my provider spends 80minutes on a consult but the MDM is only moderate not high.
It sounds like you will have a similar scenario and it will be interesting to see what everyone else is running into.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join