I researched this rather extensively with some outside colleagues recently. Although it is uncommon practice currently (for providers & hospitals), it is a separate record--not done by the physician, but by the asst. surg (whomever that may be). CPT Asst. 1992 (I believe, and thank you, Mr. Bush for helping with that) says something to that effect.
I say an addendum to the surgeon's record may suffice, as long as it also bears the surgeon's signature as well.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join