If the primary reason for the visit was the protime, then the answer is no a 99211 does not qualify in that scenerio.
If the patient needs to speak to the nurse/MA for a seperate reason.....discuss for example foods to aviod, venipuncture site irritation, or another topic unrelated to the actual protime (medication adjustments are not qualifiers) then yes a 99211 is warrented.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join