Ask the interviewee to tell you about a meaningful continuing education experience he/she had in the past year.
I'd also ask to the coder to speak about a current event in coding that concerns him/her the most. Since there's a variety of change occuring, you should get some strong answers. I think a person who's able to speak on a very current topic that isn't obvious (e.g., NOT I-10 or PQRI), he or she probably keeps abreast even better than most. Just keep in mind here that if you don't know about the event, that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't taking place. This question can sometimes require research on your part.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join