Would be best if you could post the scrubbed op note to get an accurate response.
However ... just to answer your exact question re 49204 ...
The full code description for 49204 is:
Excision or destruction, open, intra-abdominal tumors, cysts or endometriomas, 1 or more peritoneal, mesenteric, or retroperitoneal primary or secondary tumors; largest tumor 5.1-10.0 cm diameter. (emphasis added by FTB)
Above is from the 2009 CPT Professional edition, page 218 (or page 216 if you're using 2008 CPT for a DOS in 2008).
So, you use code 49024 only ONCE.
As for 47120 (x 3) ... wouldnt you use 47122? (This is not my strong suit but trisegmentectomy implies 3 segments to me ...)
Be sure to check CCI edits to ensure that these codes are not bundled (I have not done that).
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join