Licensed Clinical Social Worker

1. Default Licensed Clinical Social Worker
    Exam Training Packages
    I hope someone can help me. I am searching for information regarding coding and billing for social workers that are employed in a hospital specialty, behavioral. I have been searching for guidelines regarding the coding for LCSW. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Bonnie

Bonnie:

May I ask what you're coding for on the hospital side? This'll help me to guide you toward the correct information.

Thanks.

3. Default Counseling
    Yes we have many with ADHD, and behavioral problems in general. Some have been sent to us from genetics. I am new to the department and have some concerns over the way they are saying to code. I was wondering first if there were any requirements as there is with genetics counselors. I know the genetics counseling has to be under a geneticist. I know I am not giving much info but I am just getting my feet wet and really want to start out correctly.

Thanks

Ok. Are you coding the professional or facility component? Inpatient or outpatient service?

5. Default
    So sorry getting back to you so late Anyway, I am coding outpatient. I have recently been told that they have to be coded under a geneticist or I have to code just a facility fee, but I have read everywhere that this applies only to genetic counseling. I am just so confused

Thanks

I know nothing about geneticists, but the facility fee portion is correct. You would probably always (there are likely exceptions here) the facility fee.

Not sure I'm helping, but feel free to include me in further discussion.

Default LCSW Coding/Billing
    I am learning that you have to find out how your insurance contracts are written. Unless management clearly negotiated that you would indeed be paid for LCSW services, whether supervised or not, your facility may be left out in the cold on reimbursement for their services. Our own LPC runs a small self-pay clinic because none of our payers covers the therapy she provides.

Medicaid seems to have the best documentaiton available for what services they cover, and mostly do not cover, when provided by various professionals, so I would start with them.

Default LCSW billing
    OK, I read the postings for billing out LCSW. I am still confused.
    We have a new position coming on board and we will be billing out
    for the services performed. I need some insite on how to bill this out.
    I have read up some, just wanted to know if anyone could help me out.
    Thanks in advance..