Thread: Advice/Reference material for OB/GYN specialty exam

Red face Advice/Reference material for OB/GYN specialty exam

Promo: Code Books
    I took the specialty exam back in Nov 2008 and didn't pass and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how I can pass the next time. I work for a OB/GYN (that's why it's embarrassing!!! )

I bought the study guide. I studied the acronyms, anatomy, obstetric and gyno rules etc. Not sure what area I was lacking since we don't get to see our results.

Any advice or websites I can go to or reference material I can review would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't taken the exam but would like to someday. When taking any multiple choice test (CPC or other), I have found there to be two similar answers and you must know the difference. If it is timed, I work through the ones I know first, marking the ones on which I hesitate. Then, I go back to those I've marked and think through them. Some tests are based on the number which are correct, some are based on the number correctly answered out of the number attempted. Do you know how the specialty exams work? Good luck!
    Teresa
    NGWC