Sometimes a patient would just come in for the Flu shot only. The nurse or who administered the shot should document on the patient's chart where the shot was given on the patient as well as lot number, NDC numbers and any reaction(s) noted after the administration, etc. My opinion is an encounter form is not proper documentation that the flu shot was given. As the old adage goes: "If it wasn't documented, it wasn't done."
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join