A patient presented to the office for suture removal from their right index finger. The patient is 10 days status post laceration. The wound was closed in the ER. All sutures were removed and there appeared to be some poor closure about the wound in general, especially over the dorsum of the finger. After inspection and cleansing, the wound was closed with Dermabond. The dx listed is: laceration, right index finger--not healed.
How would this be coded? Would we use code V58.32 for removal of the sutures, or the laceration code since it is not healed and had to be reclosed.
Can we code for the suture removal with an E/M code and use the laceration repair code as well? I thought the laceration repair code included the E/M service, or would this be considered a separate service? -25?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join