Does anyone have knowlege of which is the correct date of service to bill with E/M code when the patient comes in before midnight on one date and the e/m is not completed until the next calendar day. For example the patient comes into the hospital for admission and 11:30 PM on 1/1/2013 and the physcian does not complete his work and documetantion until 12:45 AM 1/2/2013
Thank you, Barbara
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join