It's been a over four years since we've had our pain clinic but typically you can bill for supplies (i.e. epidural trays), fluoroscopy - and since I'm assuming you own the fluoro machine - you would be billing the total component versus just the professional component (26 modifier). Additional charges may be applicable depending on the procedures being performed. And, of course, payers like Medicare will be processing the fees based on the non facility setting fee schedule versus the lower facility fee schedule to compensate your physicians for the overhead costs affiliated with a free standing pain clinic.
Hope this help and good luck.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join