Thread: ? on ERCP and Radiology Supervision/interpretation Codes

Smile ? on ERCP and Radiology Supervision/interpretation Codes

Looking for coding advise regarding ERCP's and the use of 74328-74330 codes. One of my GI Doc's has been personally interpreting the xray films during an ERCP. He is also supervising the radiology tech - no radiologist is in the treatment room. If my Doc documents that he personally supervised/interpreted the xray films, can I code out for this? (This GI group is not part of the hospital) The radiologist does read the films afterwards. Do I need a modifier as well?

Thanks for all your help.
    ++Krys++

Quote Originally Posted by kpaules View Post
    Looking for coding advise regarding ERCP's and the use of 74328-74330 codes. One of my GI Doc's has been personally interpreting the xray films during an ERCP. He is also supervising the radiology tech - no radiologist is in the treatment room. If my Doc documents that he personally supervised/interpreted the xray films, can I code out for this? (This GI group is not part of the hospital) The radiologist does read the films afterwards. Do I need a modifier as well?

Thanks for all your help.
    ++Krys++
    Your gastroenterologist can bill the series of codes, 74328-74330, ifs/he interprets and dictates a separate report and if no radiologist overreads the films. The code would be billed with the -26 modifier, professional component.
    Jenny Berkshire, CPC, CEMC, CGIC