The definition of an impending fracture is the presence of a bony defect that is likely to result in a pathologic fracture with physiologic loading (ie, activities of daily living).
from what I can find it's associated (usually or a lot of the time) with cancer patients...
so, I guess I'd be looking at where the bony defect is - code that - pain if there is pain - code that... cancer, if they have it - code that as well..
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join