Question#1 / Exam under anesthesia.
If you're talking about a physical exam under anesthesia, no there is not a code for it. You could use 01999 but be ready to prove medical necessity. There are some codes throughout the CPT book that have exam under anesthesia based on the anatomical region.
Question#2 / Case cancelled after induction of anesthesia
This should be billed base + actual time like any other anesthesia - no modifier necessary.
The reasoning for this is anesthesia has commenced and the anesthesia provider's service is not reduced by the cancelation of the case because provider still performed pre-anes eval, induction of anesthesia and extubation and/or attendance until the patient could safely be placed in the care of the post anesthesia care unit/attending physician.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join