That is exaclty right, Just make sure that your first hour of any infusion is longer then 15 minutes (16min or more for 96413 and/or 96417) and each addl hour is longer than 30 min ( 31 min to qualify for 96415).
If IV infusion is shorter than 15 or less you would have to bill the iv push code, if the additional hours are 30 minutes or less you would only qualify for one hour off iv infusion code.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join