1st, what codes are you using? Secondly, the only way they can say the debridement is included in global is if they are relating this to the Septoplasty. The endoscopic sinus sx codes do not have any global days. Make sure your dx codes are linked correctly & if they won't accept the fact that the debridement had nothing to do with the septo, then have your doctor document the need for debridement regardless of septoplasty. Also, they shouldn't be denying the debridement as global after pt recv'd only sinus sx because these codes (31254-31288) do not have any global days.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join