I do biometric coding in our office and we usually have a few cardiac clearance tests that are done. Most of the time they come in for these is if there is an underlying problem, such as an abnormal ekg, or CAD or something they may have a history of. So I code those diagnosis' and then put in a V code either V72.84 if it doesn't state what kind of surgery it is, or V72.81 for a Cardiovascular exam for Pre-Op. I'm not sure if the leader was telling you not to use the V code as a solo code or if you needed another one.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join