Hello, I've had the same issue before and was rejected too.
Closure is normally included in the procedure - think of it this way, "if you open it, you have to close it" So payers don't feel like they should have to pay you seperately.
Also, "revision of skin pocket" billed in conjunction with a pacemaker procedure, for most payers, I have found, is bundled as well.
Unless, for example, it's a reconstructive closure that is much more complex.
But, I haven't seen this for pacemakers.
If something is extensive/complicated, i.e. obese pt...you could always pop a modifier 22 and get a little extra.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join