I'll admit I do not frequently code GI endoscopies however this information may be helpful.
If radiologic supervision and interpretation were performed related to CPT 43247, CPT code 74235 would be used.
There is a CPT Assistant, June 2008 which addresses the use of fluoroscopy: CPT codes 76000, 76001, 77001, 77002 & 77003 which may shed some light on coding the 76000 with these endoscopy procedures.
There is a section which states
"...Although it is not specifically stated in the endoscopy" code descriptors (eg, laparascopy, hysteroscopy, thora.., arthro.., GI endoscopy....
fluoroscopy when utilized, is inherent in all endoscopic procedures. Therefore, it is not appropriate to additionally report code 76000 for endoscopic procedures.
Hope this helps,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join