First let me start by stating that I am NOT a spine specialist!!
But..."lengthening of a growing rod" ...to me...sounds like a revision of what is already present. Based on that assumption, 22849 would not be correct. It seems that you need some sort of revision code rather than "reinsertion"...unless of course there is more to the above that you didnt mention. Maybe they are taking the whole thing out and putting in a longer one? then Its possible that 22849 is correct.
just my two cents on a wonderful FRIDAY afternoon
Mary, CPC, COSC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join