I do EP billing, if you look at the new codes, under the 2009 codes, no modifier for professional is used because it read as follows:
Programming device evaluation with iterative adjustment of the implantable device to test the function of the device and select optimal permanent programmed values with (physician analysis, review and report); single lead pacemaker system.
The doc and I have both been reading these over and over and we are coming up with no modifier is needed.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join