Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Reputation points

Default Reputation points
    Medical Coding Books
    "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to ------ again" (I have removed the name)

I was trying to give some reputation points for one of our helpful coders and this is the message I received (above). What does this mean?????

I've gotten that also. I wonder if you have to do so many others (one or more, I don't know) before you give kudos to someone you just did? So you can't do the same one twice in a row...
    Pam Tienter, CPC, COC, CPC-P, CCS-P, CPMA, CPC-I, AAPC Fellow
    AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
    AAPC National ICD-10-CM Trainer

The odd thing is that this will be the first time I have given this CPC reputation points. Very strange................

Default Contact AAPC directly
    Rebecca,
    Contact AAPC directly and let them know about it. It could be a software glitch.

I had a very odd response once and my query to them alerted them to the problem they needed to address.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC

Question
    Silly question maybe, but what are reputation points? How do you give them? I'd love to give some kudos to some of you wonderful fellow coders!!
    Lisa Bledsoe, CPC, CPMA

When you find a thread that is helpful, there is a little scale looking thing in the upper right corner of thread..if you hover over it, it will say "add to xxxx's reputation" , you can click on it and give reputation points to that person.

That's what I'm clicking on. I've actually tried this on a couple of other helpful coders and I received the same message. I'm going to take Tessa's advice and give the AAPC a jingle. Thanks to all!

Default Reputation Points
    Does anyone know how we can find our own reputation points? Just learned about these ... !!
    Carolyn Kohler, CPC
    Omaha, NE

Quote Originally Posted by ckkohler View Post
    Does anyone know how we can find our own reputation points? Just learned about these ... !!
    Click on the user cp on the menue bar and scroll down

Debra A. Mitchell, MSPH, CPC-H

Given the great advice she has given to so many people here, I wouldn't be surprised if Debra has about a billion reputation points!

Lance Smith, MPA, COC, CPMA, CEMC, RHIT, CCS-P, CHC, CHPC

Director, Health Information Management
    HealthAlliance of the Hudson Valley
    Kingston, NY

2016 Secretary
    Ellenville, NY Local Chapter

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast