AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Ovarian/tube sx

Default Ovarian/tube sx

AAPC: Back to School
    I need help w/ the following.
    Combined vaginal abdominal procedure, laparoscope approach. She had an Ovarian cyst that was opened and drained and had left tubal and ovarian torsion, which was untorsed. I was looking at 58805 for the cyst drainage but I can find anything for the untorsed ovary/tube. Any thoughts are greatly appreciately.
    adrianne, cpc

I believe 58805 is an open procedure, not laparoscopic. 49322 is laparoscopy with aspiration of ovarian cyst. What was done vaginally?

I see the difference w/ the different code. Thanks for that.

The description of the procedure is: Diagnostic laparoscopy for reversal of left tubal torsion, shortening of suture ligature of the uteroovarian ligament on the left and drainage of several simple cysts of the left ovary.
    I don't see anything specifically documented about it being vaginal except inthe beginning it states draped in usual manner for combined vaginal abdominal procedure...this is my confusion.
    adrianne, cpc

I would check with the physician to ask if a vaginal procedure was also performed.

Similar Threads

1. G tube/Peg tube/J tube change
    By Jess1980 in forum Gastroenterology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-18-2014, 08:26 AM
  2. ovarian cystectomy and ovarian cystotomies
    By bluke13 in forum OB/GYN
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-06-2013, 05:36 PM
  3. ruptured ectopic preg lt tube rt ovarian cyst
    By MarineMom1 in forum OB/GYN
    Replies: 0