Thread: Dr. Spain and the 5th Amendment

Default Dr. Spain and the 5th Amendment

Promo: Code Books
    Hello,

Did you catch last month's issue of Coding Edge with the article regarding MDM as the driving force of an established patient visit from Dr. Spain? I was curious if anyone else caught that...I wanted to see what my fellow coders thought of the article...

dscoder74

I agree with the article. MDM usually is used to level but I think it is important to recognize that it doesn't always have to be.

I also agree that padded documentation is a problem.

Laura, CPC

Medicare and Insurance companies want MDM to be the driver to determine the code level and medical necessity, and they don't always agree with CPT.

Similar Threads

1. amendment dates
    By AmandaW in forum E/M
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-25-2012, 03:01 PM
  2. Substance use and 5th digit
    By 20Hiker16 in forum Behavioral Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-05-2010, 01:32 AM