We are a large Orthopedic practice and have a pediatric ortho. that sees patients at our office twice a month and does surgery at another location in Pensacola (diff. TIN), then is doing the post op care here at a our clinic (in another city).
His office in Pensacola is billing with the 54 modifier and we will bill the same procedure codes, same dos and under that location with a 55 modifier so we can get a percentage of post operative care, since he will see the patient in our office (diff. TIN), post operative.
We have not had to bill this senerio yet.
Does this sound correct?
Any opinion is appreciated.
Thanks so much
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join