We are about to have a patient here at our ASC who is going to have 2 separate procedures performed by 2 separate surgeons on the same day. The GYN surgeon will start his procedure first and once he is finished, he will leave and the Urologist will come in and perform his procedure. Do I need to bill these 2 procedures with a modifier? I didn't see one that fits the situation.
Olivia Justus, CPC-H
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join